At a distance of 25 feet (7.6m) and further people interact publicly, mainly as viewers and performers. By placing the audience together with two performers in a square of 25ft2, everyone – willingly or not – enters each others ‘social space’. From there begins the journey closer and closer, into ‘personal’ and ‘intimate space’: areas where the most violent and intimate physical interactions happen.
25Feet is a sober, effectively designed, interactive dance performance about physical proximity and the dynamics between violence and intimacy.
- 5-16 Jan 2015 (initial research) residency in Dance Base, Edinburgh, SCO.
- 24 Feb 2016 (test-run) @ OT301, Amsterdam, NL
- 17 May 2016 (test-run) @ Tugela85, Amsterdam, NL
- 23 May 2016 (try-out) @Oostblok, Amsterdam, NL.
- 21 Jun 2016 (fase 1 presentation) @ Dansmakers, Amsterdam, NL.
- 15 Mar 2017 (test-run) @ de NWE Vorst, Tilburg, NL.
- 17 Mar 2017 (test-run) @ Podium Bloos, Breda, NL
- 21 Mar 2017 (test-run) @ Het Huis Utrecht, NL
- 23, 24 (PREMIERE), 25 March 2017 @ Festival Cement, Den Bosch, NL.
- 8 June 2017 @ Playfull art Sessions, Den Bosch, NL.
- 8 & 9 September 2017 @ LA Breda festival, Breda, NL.
- 12 September 2017 @ CC Hasselt / PUSH Lab, Hasselt, BE.
- 25 September 2017 @ Festspielhaus Berlin / Jugend Tanztreffen, DE.
5 Mar 2018 @Podium Bloos (schools), Breda , NL.
11 May @Vier-D Dortmund (DE)
4, 5, 6, 8, 9 Aug @Festival Boulevard, Den Bosch, NL.
2 Nov @Chasse Theater Breda, NL.
Music composition: Mohamed Shafik & Aphex Twin
Artistic advice: Moos van den Broek
Acknowledgement: Hans Blik, Jette Schneider, Donators Voordekunst, Dansmakers, OT301, Chasse Studios, Studio Singel.
Made possible with the support of: Dansbrabant (NL), Amsterdams Fonds voor de Kunsten (NL), Dancebase Edinbrugh (UK) and Tugela85/Moving Arts Project (NL).