At a distance of 25 feet (7.6m) and further people interact publicly, mainly as viewers and performers. By placing the audience together with two performers in a square of 25ft2, everyone – willingly or not – enters each others ‘social space’. From there begins the journey closer and closer, into ‘personal’ and ‘intimate space’: areas where the most violent and intimate physical interactions happen.
25 Feet is a sober, effectively designed, interactive dance performance about physical proximity and the dynamics between violence and intimacy.
- 23, 24 (premiere), 25 March 2017 @ Festival Cement, Den Bosch, NL.
- 8 June 2017 @ Playfull art Sessions, Den Bosch, NL.
- 8 & 9 September 2017 @ LA Breda festival, Breda, NL.
- 12 September 2017 @ CC Hasselt / PUSH Lab, Hasselt, BE.
- 25 September 2017 @ Festspielhaus Berlin / Jugend Tanztreffen, DE.
- 25 & 26 January 2018 @ Moving Futures Tilburg / Dansbrabant, Tilburg, NL.
- 17 Februari 2018 @ Moving Futures Groningen / Random Collision, Groningen, NL.
(25Feet has been test run over a dozen times on locations in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Tilburg and Edinbrugh)
Music composition: Mohamed Shafik & Aphex Twin
Artistic advice: Moos van den Broek
Acknowledgement: Hans Blik, Jette Schneider, Donators Voordekunst, Dansmakers, OT301, Chasse Studios, Studio Singel.
Made possible with the support of: Dansbrabant (NL), Amsterdams Fonds voor de Kunsten (NL), Dancebase Edinbrugh (UK) and Tugela85/Moving Arts Project (NL).